Saturday, January 15, 2011

What a Face....

A couple of weeks ago i posted a couple of pictures of two Teddy Bears my Mom made for her great grand son's.Yesterday i received a package that contained mine:


The pics really don't do him justice. Each of these lovingly handmade bears is different, with their on little personality. The little glasses didn't initially go with him but when i saw him i thought they where just right for his little face.

I love my little bear. He sits on the sofa beside me and watches me knit.
My Mom send me all the patterns and instructions to make these little fellows. I will shop around for material and over the summer start making them.
First though i will practice by making several out of plain fabric.These bears are 100% hand sewn, and i mean hand, no sewing machine involved here. It is really amazing that my Mom can still do this, after all she just turned 80 a couple of weeks ago.

Snow wise we got close to 12 inches here beginning of the week,
not much for the northern parts of the country but crippling for Alabama.Not so much if you have a four wheel drive :)
Luckily we got the snow and not the ice like the folks further south.Since it's been freezing all week most of it is still on the ground , the roads are passable though.I know a lot of people complained about it ( not the school kids though , they've been out all week), i thoroughly enjoyed it. This is the most snow I've had since i was a very young teenager.

No comments: