Friday, April 24, 2009

surgery?...

so i went to the bone and joint clinic and after some unpleasant tests was told that ,yes, i have tendonitis in my elbow and severe carpal tunnel syndrom ! the median nerve is not reacting at all.
so now i have the option to wear a brace and hope it will help ,(which will probably interfere with knitting(i know it will) and weaving ,not sure there, would have to try.spinning? i don't know, same , will have to try.
or.. surgery. ahhhh, i dont really want to.... but... if this brace will hinder me too much or the numbness problem will show up again, i probably will.
i am so tired of beeing cut on, poked at, scanned, x-raid, hurting.... this stupid cancer has already changed my life (and me ) so severely that i don't hardly know myself any more and now i cant even knit, spin, weave in peace. dang, i'm pooted !!!....
and then i'll have to get back with my regular doc to discuss what to do about the tendonitis. hopefully she can put me on ibuprofen, aleve,loracept, pot,morphine ... just kidding...or the dreaded shot in the joint :(
i've been weaving on and off since yesterday and so far it's not hurting. i do all i can with my left hand( i'll probably wear that one out too after a while) .
life really sucks most of the time....

2 comments:

bspinner said...

I don't know about tendonitis but have both hands operated on for carpal tunnel. For me it was the right choice. I like you didn't want to put up with the discomfort and bother of using braces. I do know the recovery is certainly different for each person. I went back to work 7 days after my first operation and I was doing house keeping in a nursing home. I was able to spin after just a few days. Knitting and weaving will be out of the question for a while anyway.
Good luck!!!

Peg in South Carolina said...

I am so sorry about the carpal tunnel and tendinitis. I do hope you can get these resolved sooner than later.