Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weavers elbow?

So now i got a problem.
Seems that pushing the levers on my loom has given me a weavers elbow(that's what i call it, same as a tennis elbow , but since i don't play tennis...).
My right arm is in a throbbing pain radiating out to my fingertips and into my shoulder.
I noticed it first while i was weaving the peacock shawl but thought it was just soreness from the unaccustomed movement and would get better in time after i got used to it. Well it's gotten worse on top of the pain my whole right hand is constantly going to sleep.
I've made an appointment with my physician for this morning to see if there is anything that can be done about it short of quiting to weave.:(
If not i guess i'll have to sell my loom, save up some more money (which will take me forever, especially since hubster lost his work two weeks ago), and buy one with foot pedals.
I'm sooo pooted about this, i just want to cry...
Well, i better get ready to go see the Doctor, wish me luck, maybe they got something i can take to make the pain go away.

1 comment:

Peg in South Carolina said...

I'm so sorry. It may well be the weaving, as you suspect. If it is, your doctor might be able to tell you, once you are well, a more ergonomic way to do this, or refer you to an occupational therapist to help you.