Monday, July 13, 2009

handspun stash is growing

I've been spinning the last few days (no socks to knit at the moment) and so my spinning challenge stash is growing.
I spun up the green BFL batt i dyed a couple of weeks ago.I used my new fast whorl i got from "The Woolery". Setup was 14:1 for very thin singles and then plied with each other at the same sett up.It came out really nice , except for the first 20 yards or so.
for some odd reason the ply was very loose but got better after several yards even though i didn't adjust a thing.
compare the left strings to the right ones. what happened?


i got 380 yards of fingering weight yarn, 16 wpi. the yarn is so very soft.I think i will spin the other batt thicker,this fiber is so soft and fluffy it lends itself to thicker yarn with its long staple.
this is the real color of the yarn:
my goodness, i finally got this post done! it took me two days of trying,pictures would not load

No comments: